RECUERDOS VIVOS NEW MEXICO
Recuerdos Vivos New Mexico/Living Memories is a multimedia oral history project that brings to life oral histories of New Mexico through plays, radio stories, videos, and educational presentations. The first presentation from the project is a play, When The Stars Trembled in Río Puerco, written and directed by Shebana Coelho. The play is adapted from a book of oral histories, Recuerdos de Los Viejitos, Tales of the Rio Puerco Valley, collected and edited by renowned oral historian Nasario García.
Project Update - November 2013
- Please support our indigegogo campaign to stage a full production at Teatro Paraguas in Spring 2014
- And please come see the PREVIEW EVENT on FRI, NOV 22
The evening will include:
- a Share Your Recuerdos open mic: Bring a treasure from yesterday or many yesterdays ago & share your recuerdo/memory (3-5 min/person)
- select scenes from the play, When the Stars Trembled in Río Puerco, based on oral histories collected and edited by celebrated folk historian, Nasario García, adapted and directed by Shebana Coelho.
- a Community Dialogue with Nasario García and the cast
- please visit the project website at www.recuerdosvivosnewmexico.com
- The Recuerdos evening launches Teatro Paraguas' Under One Umbrella Festival which celebrates community, culture and arts.
- Looking forward to sharing recuerdos with you!
- Please RSVP to email@example.com
Director, When the Stars Trembled in Río Puerco
AN EVENING OF RECUERDOS VIVOS NEW MEXICO
Date: Friday, November 22
At: Teatro Paraguas (3205 Calle Marie, Santa Fe, NM 87507)
part of the Under One Umbrella Festival
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK